Page updated at 12:43:23 PM on Monday, May 21st, 2012
SIMPAS - Novel measurement tools for the protection of the environment and health
Person in charge: Roberto Bini
LENS members: Saverio Bartalini, Pablo Cancio Pastor, Paolo De Natale, Marco De Pas, Paolo Foggi, Mauro Giuntini, Giovanni Giusfredi, Davide Mazzotti, Alessio Montori, Barbara Patrizi
High-sensibility real-time atmospheric analyzers based on spectroscopic techniques for dioxine and hydrogen sulfide pollutant detecting.
Dioxin problem is worldwide, whereas the hydrogen sulfide is particularly concentrated in Tuscany because of the over-exploitation of geothermal energy in this region. Currently concentration measurement of these pollutant has not real-time continuous or sample by sample protocols, so monitoring emissions and performing a feedback mechanism to control overcoming of danger levels are impossible tasks.
This project aims to build a network of expertise about the quantitative measurement of atmospheric pollutant, focusing on hydrogen sulfide (H2S) in the discharge of geothermal power plants, and dioxin in discharges of waste incinerators, or in case of fire. Final products of this research will be two real-time atmospheric analyzers based on spectroscopic techniques. Natural background concentration of these molecules is negligible and to be useful these measurements have to automatically achieve a sensibility of at least one part per billion in a second timescale.
Only publications with LENS-affiliated authors are listed.
- Measuring frequency noise and intrinsic linewidth of a room-temperature DFB quantum cascade laser
- Bartalini, S Borri, S Galli, I Giusfredi, G Mazzotti, D Edamura, T Akikusa, N Yamanishi, M De Natale, P
- OPTICS EXPRESS
- Vol. 19, Issue: 19, pages: 17996-18003, Article Number: na, SEP 12 2011, DOI: na
- Frequency-Noise Dynamics of Mid-Infrared Quantum Cascade Lasers
- Borri, S Bartalini, S Pastor, PC Galli, I Giusfredi, G Mazzotti, D Yamanishi, M De Natale, P
- IEEE JOURNAL OF QUANTUM ELECTRONICS
- Vol. 47, Issue: 7, pages: 984-988, Article Number: na, JUL 2011, DOI: 10.1109/JQE.2011.2147760
- The nu(3) band of (14)C(16)O(2) molecule measured by optical-frequency-comb-assisted cavity ring-down spectroscopy
- Galli, I Pastor, PC Di Lonardo, G Fusina, L Giusfredi, G Mazzotti, D Tamassia, F De Natale, P
- MOLECULAR PHYSICS
- Vol. 109, Issue: 17-18, pages: 2267-2272, Article Number: na, na 2011, DOI: 10.1080/00268976.2011.614284
Internal and Reserved Area
Elenco Siti Tematici